- 2019-03-21 to 2019-03-22 On 21-22 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the European Council in Brussels as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2019-03-22 On 22 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Vilnius Security Forum 2019
- 2019-03-22 On 22 March at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2019-03-22 On 22 March at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Apostolic Nuncio to Lithuania, Archbishop Pedro López Quintana
- 2019-03-22 On 22 March at 6:15 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Georgia to Lithuania Khatuna Salukvadze
Lithuania's Foreign Minister extends condolences over loss of former US President George Bush Sr
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius sent a letter to the U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, expressing his condolences over the loss of the former President of the United States George Herbert Walker Bush.
"My deepest sympathies go out to the family of the former U.S. President and to all the people of the United States. We have lost a great man, a friend of Lithuania, who had contributed significantly to the restoration of our country‘s independence and to the collapse of the Soviet Union. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this sad time," wrote Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister.
George H.W. Bush served as the 41st President of the United States from 1989 to 1993. Prior to the presidency, he served as the Vice President, a diplomat, a member of Congress, and the Director of Central Intelligence (DCI).