- 2018-11-12 to 2018-11-14 On 12-14 November, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in trilateral political consultations of Lithuania, Ireland and Ukraine and is holding bilateral meetings in Kyiv
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the conference “Innovative Energy Solutions for Military Applications” (IESMA 2018)
- 2018-11-14 On 14 November at 8:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with Henrik Mygal Nordentoft, Regional Representative of the UNHCR Regional Representation for Northern Europe
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister called for an appropriate response to cyber-attack
On 28 September, Lithuanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Linas Linkevičius took part in a discussion hosted by the US Department of State on advancing responsible state behaviour in cyberspace. The discussion was moderated by Deputy Secretary of State, John Sullivan.
“Cyber-attacks do not recognise borders and are not bounded by geography. The aim of the attacks is to obtain information, news or military secrets from other states, to destroy the foundations of democratic systems, and interfere into democratic elections. If we are not resolute enough to respond to cyber-attacks, name the perpetrators, and do not bring them to justice, we’ll see more of them, and they’ll be even more brazen,” the Lithuanian Foreign Minister said at the meeting. He also underlined a necessity for states to develop resilience to cyber-attacks.
During the discussion, states were urged to look for new and innovative solutions to address challenges that arise in cyberspace.