- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Denmark
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 1.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Israel
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in an event to commemorate the anniversary of the Welles Declaration at Washington Square in Vilnius
Lithuania opens its Embassy in Croatia
On 6 June, during his official visit to Croatia, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, together with the Deputy Speaker of the Croatian Parliament Željko Reiner and the State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of Croatia Andreja Metelko-Zgombić, officially opened the Embassy of Lithuania in Zagreb.
"This year, Lithuania celebrated the 15th anniversary of its membership of the EU and NATO, while Croatia marks the 5th anniversary of its EU membership, and the 10th anniversary of its NATO membership. The opening of the Embassy is an important step towards the development of a relationship between Lithuania and Croatia. I have no doubt that the activities of the Embassy will contribute to raising awareness of Lithuania in Croatia,” said the Minister L. Linkevičius.
The opening ceremony was attended by members of the Croatian Government and Parliament, public figures, and representatives of the local Lithuanian community.
A skyscraper in the city center houses the Lithuanian diplomatic representation in Zagreb. The Ambassador of Lithuania Jūratė Raguckienė presented her letters of credence to the President of Croatia Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović on 4 March 2019.