- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-20 On 20 July, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Article 50) in Brussels.
Linkevičius congratulates new U.K. Foreign Secretary
On 10 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius congratulated Jeremy Hunt and wished him every success in his new responsibility as the new British Foreign Secretary.
In his letter of congratulations, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister underlines that Lithuania much appreciated the UK‘s solid contribution to boosting defence capabilities and NATO's presence in the Baltic region, as well as our close bilateral cooperation in the fields of strategic communications and cyber security.
“I am glad to note a rich and long-standing relationship between Lithuania and the United Kingdom. I truly hope that we will be able to continue coordinating our views through effective bilateral dialogue, as well as various regional formats,” writes Linkevičius, who also highlights that the two countries are linked by the UK's Lithuanian community.
Hunt has been appointed as the new British Foreign Secretary after the resignation of Boris Johnson. Prior to this appointment, Hunt held the post of a Health Secretary.