- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
On 27 September, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with Mitsunari Okamoto, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan. The delegation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan came to Lithuania for the first meeting of the Japan-Baltic Cooperation Dialogue.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius, together with the Ministers of Spain, Poland, Romania and Hungary, signed a joint letter to the European Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmström, calling for an extension of anti-dumping duties imposed on imports of ammonium nitrate fertilizers from Russia.
The Seimas ratified the Accession Agreement of Lithuania to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) under an urgency procedure on 28 June 2018. After Lithuania deposits its ratification documents with the French Government, it will become the 36th full-fledged member of the Organisation.
On 4 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Minister of Economy of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri.
The Permanent Representative of Lithuania to the World Trade Organization (WTO) Dalia Kadišienė has been appointed to head the Committee on Trade Facilitation of the WTO for the coming years.
On 28 February, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with members of the American-Lithuanian Business Council’s business mission.
At the end of January, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) launched the new update of the OECD Services Trade Restrictiveness Index (STRI), which contains information on regulatory changes that affect trade in services in 44 countries. According to the document, Lithuania is among the top regulatory performers. The top ten countries with the most open markets for services trade are Latvia, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, Lithuania, Denmark, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the Czech Republic.
At the Eleventh World Trade Organization Ministerial Conference (MC11) on 11 December in Buenos Aires, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius met with the Director-General of the WTO Roberto Azevêdo and noted that Lithuania strongly believed that multilateral trade rules were beneficial and dedicated special attention to their implementation.