- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Denmark
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 1.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Israel
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in an event to commemorate the anniversary of the Welles Declaration at Washington Square in Vilnius
Deputy Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of Albania visits Lithuania's Foreign Ministry
On 14 May, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius met with the Deputy Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of Albania Etjen Xhafaj, who is responsible for economic and EU issues.
The officials discussed Albania's domestic political and economic situation, bilateral relations, the Lithuanian experts' participation in Twinning projects in Albania, Albania's EU membership prospects, and important issues of the Western Balkans. The Foreign Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius voiced strong support for the opening of accession negotiations between Albania and the EU in 2019.
It was agreed to expand business and tourism cooperation by exchanging business missions, involving business chambers, associations, and agencies of both countries. The officials discussed the possibility of establishing an Honorary Consulate of Albania in Lithuania.
Lithuania and Albania established their diplomatic relations on 27 April 1992. The Ambassador of Lithuania to Albania Rolandas Kačinskas resides in Athens, while the Ambassador of Albania Shpresa Kureta resides in Warsaw.